The privacy of our users is crucial for Light It Be, which is committed to ensuring the confidential treatment of all information obtained. When using our website, www.lightitbe.pt, users show confidence in the brand, and we value this vote of confidence, acting in accordance with their interests and guaranteeing honesty and transparency in the way we treat any data collected. .
The personal information obtained may include your name, e-mail, telephone and/or mobile number, address, date of birth and/or others. The data collected is used for the processing of orders and deliveries, and may be used by Light It Be for communication purposes, such as the announcement of promotional campaigns, whenever due authorization is verified.
Light It Be guarantees the protection of your data and ensures that it does not sell or rent it to third parties. Any information obtained will only be known to third party agents who are partners and whenever this is necessary for the improvement of the website and your user experience, or if required by law.
In situations of misuse of the website, and regardless of the applicable legal procedure, Light It Be reserves the right to act, namely, by canceling the user registration and/or removing orders, as well as any other type. of user content.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union – RGPD, any user of the website has the right to request information about the stored data, as well as to request its editing or deletion.
In case you want its elimination, Light It Be and its partners have 30 (thirty) days to do so. To do so, you must send us a change request to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
What type and personal data are collected?
We can only provide you with a good service if we have a certain amount of necessary information. Therefore, when using our services, you will be asked to provide us with some essential data: name, contact information, and payment information.
We also collect information from your computer, smarphone, tablets or other device you use to access our website, including IP address and browser.
When placing an order, you will need to provide your name and email address. We may also ask you to provide us with your address, telephone number, payment details and any other relevant information, so that the purchase can be made and the service runs smoothly.
If you need or want to get in touch with our customer support team, or if you contact us by any means, we may collect additional information that allows us to respond as accurately and immediately as possible.
You may decide to participate in referral programs or sweepstakes and, in doing so, you will also be providing us with personal data and being able to leave us your comments.
Even if you decide not to complete an order, whenever you visit our website, some data is collected automatically, such as your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or Internet browser used and information about your computer's operating system, as well as application versions and language settings. We will also collect information from clicks and pages that you have been shown.
If you are using a mobile device, we may collect information that identifies the device, as well as device settings and characteristics.
We may collect information from you for the purpose of providing you with relevant advertisements, such as additional cookies provided by social media partners.
What is the purpose of collecting and using my personal data?
The sole purpose is to ensure that we provide you with the best experience possible. Both navigation, through the pages of our website, as well as the purchase and delivery of your order, which we want to be done quickly, efficiently and satisfactorily. We also use your personal data for possible contact, with informational purposes about any recent and special promotion or campaign, or reporting new products or services that may be of genuine interest to you. However, this will only happen with your express consent, by subscribing to our newsletter.
- We use your personal data to enable, complete and manage your order. online. This process includes sending messages about your order, confirmations, modifications and reminders.
- We provide an excellent customer support service. Access to relevant details, such as information about your order or your user account, allows us to better respond to your needs when you need to contact us.
- Lightitbe.pt users can create a user account on our website. We use the information you provide us to administer your account, allowing you to take very useful actions. You can manage your personal settings, make a purchase faster, know the status of your order, and request to change or delete all this information from our database.
- We use your information for marketing activities. These activities include the regular submission of information that we deem relevant. You can unsubscribe from these marketing emails easily, quickly, and at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link that is included in all newsletters or communications.
- The data you provide to us is used for us to communicate with you. There may be occasions when we will contact you, whether by email, post, phone or message. We also process the communications you send to us.
- When placing an order, we may send you a questionnaire or invitation to provide us with feedback on your experience.
- We sometimes invite our customers to participate in market research. Each search requires specific information, which you will be informed about in order to understand what personal data is collected and how it is used.
- We also use your personal data for analytical purposes. This procedure is part of our commitment to improving the customer experience, but it can also be used to test features, solve problems and improve the quality and functioning of our services. The main objective is to optimize and customize our platform online, according to your needs, creating a website that is intuitive, pleasant and easy to use.
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. However, depending on the type of service you wish to use, we may only be able to provide that service to you if certain personal data is collected. We will not be able to process your order if we do not collect your name and contact and payment details.
To process your personal data as described above, we make use of the following legal bases:
lightitbe.pt is based on the legal basis that the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract, namely to finalize and manage orders. If the necessary personal data is not provided, we will not be able to provide the customer service. We are based on the legitimate commercial interest of providing a good sales experience online, to prevent fraud and to improve our services. When using personal data for the purposes of the legitimate interests of lightitbe.pt or third parties, we will always weigh your rights and interests in the protection of your personal data in relation to the rights and interests of lightitbe.pt or third parties. Whenever necessary, under the terms of applicable law, lightitbe.pt will require your consent prior to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to object to the processing carried out under the above points, and if a self-exclusion mechanism is not directly available (for example, in your account settings), to the extent applicable, contact email@example.com
How is my data shared with third parties?
In order to be able to provide a sales service online, we have to dialogue and interact with various entities. These are the third parties involved and may be financial institutions, advertising agencies, government authorities or others. We do not sell or rent your personal data. We only share them with entities that comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), like us.
In certain circumstances, we will share your data with third parties:
The delivery service provider
Depending on the order and the logistics service provider, this information may include your name, contact information, payment details, or other information you specified when placing your order. Without this data transmission, we will not be able to proceed with your order, nor deliver the product you want, where you want it to be delivered.
Third-party service providers
To help us provide the services, we use service providers that are not part of the Light It Be business group. These providers support services such as:
- Market research;
- Fraud detection and prevention services, including a fraud analysis service;
- Payment Services.
We use third parties to process payments, refunds or for collection services. Where a refund is requested by you or the holder of the credit card used to place the order, we will need to share certain information about the purchase with the payment service provider and the relevant financial institution in order for the refund to be processed. These may include a copy of your booking confirmation or the IP address used to make the booking. We may share information with relevant financial institutions if we believe this is strictly necessary for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
- marketing services
We share personal information with advertising partners, including your email address, as part of lightitbe.pt's marketing services through third parties, in order to ensure that the relevant advertising shown is the right one. We strive to share emails in an encrypted form so that they match with an existing database, thus preventing them from being used for other purposes. For more information about personalized advertising and your choices, please read the Cookie Statement.
All service providers must maintain adequate safeguards for your personal information.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal information to law enforcement officers, in accordance with current legislation, or if this is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud, or whenever we are legally obliged to do so. We may need to disclose further personal data to competent authorities in order to protect and defend our rights or property, or the rights and property of our business partners.
How can I control the personal data I share with Light It Be?
You always have the right to review the personal data we hold about you. You can request a summary of your personal data, via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want you to have control over how your personal data is used by us. You can do it in the following ways:
- Ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- Inform us of any changes to your personal data or request rectification of any personal data we hold about you;
- In certain situations, you can ask us to erase, block or limit the processing of the personal data we hold about you, or to oppose certain uses of your personal data that we are practising;
- In certain situations, you may also request that we send the personal data you have provided to us to third parties.
Where we use your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, in accordance with applicable law. When we process your personal data, based on legitimate interests or public interest, you have the right to object to such use of your personal data at any time, in accordance with applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, correct and current. Please inform us promptly of any changes or inaccuracies in your personal data by contacting us.
If you have a user account, you will be able to access a significant part of your personal data through our website. Our website presents the option to add, update or remove information we hold about you.